Saturday, January 10, 2009

Playing Catch Up!

I am finally playing catch up after the busy holiday season. After finishing the amazing race we call Christmas, recovering from colds, and ringing in the New year, the Morgan family is finally getting back into the swing of things. Ty went back to school last week, which meant he also went back to basketball, and CSA, and I went back to running my taxi service. We spent Christmas eve eve in Somerset for our annual dinner with the Stevens clan, and then Aunt B and Aunt D arrived that evening. Christmas eve was spent at my house with Dad and Kent and then off to Jonesboro for the Fennimore gathering. I really enjoyed another year with my amazing Great-grandmother in her 90's. We then traveled to my in-laws for dinner that was to be attended by all the Morgan's, but, grandpa Morgan broke his hip(he is recovering slowly, but is ok) so we had dinner just grandpa Mike and grandma Chelle, and all of us. We headed home to get everything ready for Santa and then the kids were in bed. We woke up Christmas morning and the big guy had been here and both children were filled with joy. We then headed back to the in-laws for our annual breakfast, and gifts. It was back home for a quick change of clothes and then off to the lake in the afternoon, where we finally relaxed and opened present for what Phil informed me was six hours-my mother has a way of spoiling us! My mother made a great meal,my sis and Debbie were there, my cousins were there, and my grandma, who enjoyed having things taken care of by mom this year. Following Christmas we all ended up with colds, including Trevor, who had in his eight months of life, not yet been sick. Everyone recovered by New Years, and off the kids went to grandpa Mike and grandma Chelle's. Phil and I attended a little pre-party at the home of Nathan King, and his girlfriend Mandy, who was celebrating her birthday that evening. For the first time ever, Phil and I then headed to the PC to ring in the New Year, where we found that many of our friends had the same idea, and we were surrounded by many great friends, old and new. This year, starting Tuesday, I will be heading back to school, at IUK to finish my degree. This new year brings many new challenges, and many new adventures. While I can't believe that my oldest is soon to be nine, and the youngest very nearly walking, I treasure each day, and the many joys this family brings me. I hope you enjoy cathcing up with us. How about that loot those kids ended up with....Ty put together 3000 Lego pieces over break, and Trevor enjoyed an empty box about as much as his new toys. It has taken me the last few weeks to try to stuff all of it into my tiny house. This video is Trevor with his favorite toy...and he has started dancing...he really moves to any music! So cute.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love the P.J.'s. There's nothing better than flannel P.J.'s on a cold day! Cute!