Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hope for the Future


Today was such an incredible day in the history of our country. Like most of the world I watched as Barack Obama became the leader of our proud nation. I watched from IUK, among a room full of young and old, and I cried tears of joy for the future that is now possible for my children, the children my sister could be one step closer to having, and the safety of the child that my sister-in-law is raising. This was a scene of great hope, and excitement. I came home and discussed with Phil what WE intend to do to help in seeing this country succeed. As the President said, it is time to roll up our sleeves and get to work. Tonight as I rest my head, I pray for the new leader, his family, and the families all over this country who will no doubt be forever changed by these events. God Bless America!

No comments: