Friday, November 27, 2009

It's been awhile.....and so much has happened!



The last time I posted, it was April, and we were celebrating Trevor's first birthday. So much has happened since then, and I have had my hands full. After a busy Spring season full of baseball, and chasing a toddler, we ushered in summertime. A most exciting dream of mine came true this Summer, after a Marion School Board of Trustees seat became available, I interviewed with the Board, and was appointed the newest member. I have always wanted to be a Board member, and to play such an active role in the positive changes Marion schools are working towards making! We interviewed for the Superintendent and High School Principal position this summer, so I spent many nights with my fellow Board members, keeping me quite busy!
As Fall approached, we were working hard to get ready for the most wonderful new addition to our family. I found out in the early Spring that we were expecting another baby, due on Thanksgiving. Just before the 4th of July, we learned that we would be having a girl! Our family would be complete, and it would include a daughter! I can't tell you the joy that I felt. A little girl! I love my boys so much, but I knew in my heart we were to have a girl.
On November 13th, at 1:26am, we welcomed our tiny little Elizabeth Marie, weighing in at 6 lbs 11 oz. and measuring 19 3/4 in. She was brought into this world without the use of any pain medication, or epidural, and was so bright eyed and alert. She is doing great, and I am having so much fun dressing her up! We call her Lizzie, and her brothers love her so much-not one hint of jealousy! Trev kisses her all the time, and Ty just loves to hold her and lay on the couch cuddling her.
I will try to be a better blogger, but as you can see-life became a little to busy for blogging!
This holiday season, we are feeling so thankful, and our hearts are filled with joy!

No comments: