Friday, April 24, 2009

It's Been Awhile

I have been a bit busy for the past few weeks. I organized the PTO Spring Carnival on April 16Th, with the help of some very wonderful PTO moms, and it was a great success. We made more money than last year, a great thing considering the current state of the economy. Tyler, and all of the other children seemed to have a good time. My mother-Super Meme, came down and helped, taking Ty around to all of the games and booths, and pushing Trevor along the way. I think she did great, but she just had one glitch-I found her in the parking lot carrying Trevor, and pushing the collapsed stroller, struggling to get it open-poor Meme, things have sure come a long way in 29 years! We really appreciated her help, and Phil said he thinks serving Pizza for two hours is better than pushing the stroller, and keeping an eye on Ty while waiting in long lines full of bouncing kids-Meme said next year she will trade Phil. Ha!

My semester is very near the end, and I will be glad to have it over with. I have really enjoyed my classes, and I will miss my new friends, but it has been a bit hectic here at the end. IUK is a really neat little place, and I am glad to be a part of it.

Tyler has started baseball, and we are all sort of dreading the busy schedule that comes with it. I suppose I should get used to it, as I will be doing it for many more years to come.

Trevor is everywhere now, he is nearly running! He is so active, and he wears us out. He has gone from baby to toddler very quickly, and I can't believe next week is his first birthday. The past year has been so much fun, and we have really enjoyed every minute of it. Watching him grow, it is so interesting to me how different he is from his big brother. They are both very social little people, but Trevor can be a bit ornery, and is constantly getting into things. Ty never did that-you could tell him no, and that was it-until he was about three. Trevor recently figured out how to collapse the walls on his playpen, and remove a screw form his crib, a screw that daddy tightened up just a few days before. Meme calls him Harry, he is quite the magician!

We will be listing our house hopefully next week, and we have found something we love. We are keeping our fingers crossed that everything goes well. I have been working hard inside, and Phil spent the day working outside. So much work to sell a house!

Lauren and Musa recently came home, and we are all delighted they are back in the States. Musa was a bit shy with Trevor at first-he was not the baby Musa remembered from last summer when they left. We had a play date with them this week, and we are looking forward to spending lots of time together this summer.

I will post some pictures soon, and try to post more often. Soon life will calm down.

No comments: