Sunday, December 14, 2008

Giving it another shot.

I am really going to try to keep up with this....I never kept a journal or a diary, and I will be honest, my children have sorry excuses for baby books. My mother is amazing at this, and she has always been great about journaling her life, our lives, and the happenings in the world. She kept diary after diary as a child and teen, she kept detailed notes of her pregnancies, she kept a journal of current events for my sister and I, our baby books were full of everything she could save, and she made me some of the most amazing scrapbooks ever-she has had pages featured in scrapbooking magazines. I, on the other hand, usually set out with good intentions, and I always fail. I have had diaries with one or two pages written in them, beautiful journals with nothing more than a snippet of my life, both baby books have everything saved up, and I never fill them out. My great-grandmother and great-grandfather wrote their memoirs for us all before they died, and we all have a copy. This is such treasured reading, and I really want to try to chronicle some of my life, for the next generation. So here it goes. One more shot.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Yeah Katie! If I can do, you can. Love ya, Amanda

Zesty said...

I think "FAIL" is harsh... You know your Mama - I would prefer to hear you say - "I have found that I excel in other areas and have not been strong in documenting or journaling"...
That isn't so negative... :)
Historically - you may not have journaled - but you have sure done many other GREAT things!
Keep it up! I love it :)